To teach, impart knowledge, inspire learning in accordance with the established teaching and learning objectives (so that the student realizes his full potential).To provide advice, instructions, and guidance to a group to teachers.
- Prepare lesson plans based on curriculum content, outline objectives, instructions and teaching methodologies.
- Prepare and present lessons using various materials, teaching techniques including use of audio visual/technology.
- Provide instructions, resources and guidance to students to fulfill learning objectives
- Effective use of materials and resources
- Monitor, assess and record student progress on a regular basis
- Develop formal IEPs for students
- Motivating students for positive development
- Develop students in their intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth
- Work with TA and teachers on individual students who require differentiation.
- Develop solution and work with TA and teachers to overcome teaching problems
- Deliver lessons in accordance to curriculum content, agreed standards and stipulated timeframe.
- Adhere to Centre academic calendar and other event/activity schedule
- Create positive classroom environment conducive for learning
- Promote good classroom dynamics
- Proper time management
- Lead a team of teachers to review and recommend instructional goals, teaching objectives, standards and methods
- Develop, obtain approval and implement necessary modification or strategies to adapt to individual needs
- Provide practical tips to teaching methodologies, lesson plans, classroom dynamics and other educational matters
- Help teachers identify and solve any teaching issues
- Conduct teaching demo observations, giving feedback, performance review of teachers
- Coordinate, supervise and develop school events and activities
- Identify training needs for teachers
- Coordinate, meet and manage a small group of teachers
Public Engagement Expectations:
- Teacher parent meetings
- Open Day, Parent teacher meeting and conference
- Periodic events, community projects, after school activities
- Maintain order in and outside classroom
- Attend to disciplinary issues with help of the Discipline teacher
- Ensure Centre’s policies especially safety and health policies are adhered to
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, resources, equipment and facilities
- Oversee performance of teachers
- Train, mentor, motivate teachers assigned under him/her.
- Timely preparation or submission of students’ academic records, grades, IEPs
- Filing of all necessary documentation – incident report, resource requisition, etc
- Proper recording of use of resource and curriculum
- Adhere to all administrative regulations
- Attend weekly teachers’ meeting, other meetings as required
- Review and formulate improved work processes
- Prepare calendar, event schedule for approval by assistant principal
Professional Development Requirements:
- Professional development courses
- Formal appraisal