To teach, impart knowledge according to the centre’s curriculum and standards.To manage their classroom and coordinate with TA to inspire and support all students to reach their full potential.
- Candidates must possess a Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree/ Education/Teaching/ TESL or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience.
- Possessing a good grasp of English – both written and spoken, and all other core subjects – math, science, and history
- Able to teach from our curriculum which has a Biblical world view
- Able to keep up with the fast-paced and demanding nature of children
- Able to deal with challenging situations
- Possessing the ability to be “teachable” – being willing to grow and learn as a teacher
- Resourceful and creative
- Enthusiastic, motivating and committed
- Caring and patient
- Prepare lesson plans with individual objectives, action points, and strategies for each student
- Prepare and adapt materials and resources for lessons
- Develop and implement IEPs
- Use technology in class to support and facilitate learning
- Deliver engaging and practical lessons that ensure the students’ overall progress and well-being
- Encourage and facilitate students’ positive communication and social skills
- Manage students’ behavior
- Assess, monitor, and record students’ progress
- Keep up-to-date on all records, documentation, and reports using MINDSPACE-approved platforms
- Work collaboratively with other staff
- Coordinate TA’s work and guide TAs in assisting in the class and with students
- Facilitate communication with parents
- Liaise with the EMT to ensure students’ maximum progress in all areas
- Attend all necessary meetings, training, functions, reviews, etc.
- Keep the classroom and facilities tidy
- Teach elective courses
- Keep assigned supervision duties
- Maintain student safety standards and practices